Monday, November 23, 2015

The Doctor and Jamie

Watching old Doctor Who episodes is more painful than watching old Star Trek episodes... but you gotta do it.

It seems most of the episodes featuring the 2nd Doctor are missing from the BBC vault, so we don't get to see much of him, or one of the Doctor's longest running companions, Jamie McCrimmon.

Jamie was a cute fit lad from 1700s Scotland, and almost exclusively wore a kilt. He was a bit handsy with the Doctor, to boot. 

Needless to say, I wish Jamie had his own spin-off show a la Sarah Jane. 

While I was in NH this summer, I had some time to watch some old serials featuring the 1st and 2nd Doctors, and drew this picture of the Doctor and Jamie. 

Then, during my color-practicing last weekend during Open Studios, I colored this, with a '60s TARDIS-like background.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: